One of the top services we offer at our day spa in Milford is our relaxing and rejuvenating massage. There are many massage techniques that have been used for thousands of years to reduce muscle pain, soothe nerves and invigorate. There are also recent innovations that target specific areas of the body to detoxify, destress the body and mind and promote good blood circulation.
Massage therapy involves manual manipulation of soft tissue, including connective tissue, muscle, ligaments and tendons, to improve your health and well-being. Also called bodywork or modalities, you will not believe how good you can feel after a rejuvenating massage until you try it.
Some of the massages we offer at our state-of-the-art- day spa in Milford include:
• Swedish massage is one of the most popular types of massage today. It relaxes the entire body by rubbing the muscles with long, gliding strokes that help push the blood back to the heart. It helps increase the amount of oxygen in the blood and helps remove muscle toxins. It also improves the body’s flexibility.
• Deep tissue massage is the ultimate relaxation massage. It soothes and detoxifies sore, tight muscles and gives a feeling of renewal. People say they have renewed energy and a clearer mind after a deep tissue massage.
• Hot stone massage combines heat and massage. The warmth and weight of the stones are combined with calming essential oils that penetrate deep into the tissue, bringing about deep relaxation. The warm stones are placed on specific tension spots and the heat goes deep into the muscles.
• Reflexology is based on pressure points in the hands and feet that restore energy and balance in the body.
• Couples massage speaks for itself. You and your partner can have the same treatment. Many couples prefer the hot stone massage, but you can also combine deep tissue massage or a perfectly relaxing massage.
• Thai massage is from an ancient healing system. It is derived from the Indian Ayurvedic principles and combines them with acupressure and specific yoga postures.
• Prenatal massage is specially designed for pregnant women. It requires a trained specialist and may relieve stress and promote relaxation at virtually any stage of pregnancy.
In short, massage is good for your health, and it’s well-worth taking the time to relax and have your blood circulation increased and your lymph circulation improved to remove tissues and waste from your body. When you visit our day spa and talk to our massage specialist, you may learn more about the different types of massages and choose the one that is right for your physical condition and lifestyle.
If you have been looking for a day spa in Milford, look no further than MacMed Spa. We have locations in Milford, Framingham and Hopedale. Contact us today to schedule a consultation for massage therapy!