Non-surgical solutions to skin rejuvenation are rapidly growing in popularity worldwide. At Mac Med Spa, we now offer microcurrent face and body skin tightening – one of the latest advancements in non-surgical anti-aging treatment.
Mac Med Spa is located in Milford, Massachusetts. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with our experienced staff and find out if you are a candidate for microcurrent face and body tightening.
What is Microcurrent Skin Tightening?
Microcurrent skin tightening is an alternative to surgery that is non-invasive and improves the health and overall appearance of skin. This gentle therapy creates pleasing aesthetic results without the downtime and risk associated with extensive procedures.
As the skin ages, it is more prone to develop wrinkles, lines, and folds around the eyes, nose, and mouth from years of facial expressions. Microcurrent therapy “re-educates” the 32 muscles of the face with gentle waves of microcurrent electricity that mimic your body’s own natural electrical currents.
This process has multiple benefits for your cosmetic concerns:
- The muscles of the face are re-trained, causing relaxation and the smoothing out of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Collagen and elastin, the proteins responsible for structure and strength in the skin, are stimulated at a cellular level. This promotes the production of fresh, new skin cells to continue improving aging or damaged skin over time.
- Microcurrent electricity can also improve circulation and restore a youthful glow to dull skin.
- The skin is hydrated, lifted and smoothed for aesthetic results that can usually only be achieved through surgery.
- In addition to tightening the visible signs of aging on the face, microcurrent energy can also be used in other places on the body that have loose or sagging skin.
Is Microcurrent Skin Tightening Safe?
This therapy is widely used throughout the United States and has been clinically-proven to create aesthetically-pleasing results without major side effects. While microcurrent skin tightening can help both men and women with multiple skin conditions, individuals who are pregnant, have pacemakers, thrombosis, epilepsy and other contraindicating medical conditions may be advised to seek alternative forms of treatment.
During your consultation with our experienced staff, your unique condition and cosmetic goals will be discussed and a customized treatment plan will be created for you. Depending on your desired look, multiple sessions may be required.
As this treatment uses gentle electricity, the skin and tissues are not typically damaged or irritated, although treated areas may appear slightly flushed immediately after your session.
Contact Mac Med Spa today to schedule a consultation with our experienced staff and find out how microcurrent skin tightening can benefit your face and body.