More and more people are getting tattoos these days, which means more and more people are looking for tattoo removal. Whether you are embarrassed about your youthful designs or simply want clean and clear skin again, laser tattoo removal is the most successful procedure for removing tattoos.
Some of the best candidates for tattoo removal are:
• People who have tattoos that are an unwelcome reminder of a relationship that has come to an end
• People who have a tattoo that shows they are affiliated with a group with whom they no longer associated with
• People who have tattoos that cannot be hidden at work, especially on the hands, face, neck and lower arms
• People who have tattoos that they got as the result of a dare or other impetus that was spur of the moment and they immediately regretted
During laser tattoo removal, the lasers target the ink and break it down into tiny pieces. There are different lasers for treating different colors. The number of treatments required depends on the age, size, and color of the tattoo.
The best candidate for laser tattoo removal is a person with small single-color tattoos that they have had for several years. Large tattoos are the most difficult to remove.
The type of ink used is another factor. Tattoo parlor inks are dark and complex compared to homemade ink.
There are other less successful methods for removing tattoos. Some of the most common are:
• Dermabrasion is a type of sanding to remove the tattoo. The skin is cleaned and frozen with a spray, and then a high-speed rotary instrument with a brush is used to remove the tattoo. New skin forms within seven to 10 days.
• Scarification and TCA is a chemical peel that uses an acid to remove the skin. It usually requires several treatments and there is generally no scarring.
The best candidate for tattoo removal is anyone who has a tattoo that he or she wants removed. While there are different ways to remove tattoos, laser tattoo removal is by far the most popular and successful option.