Summer is over, autumn is here and it’s time to think about what that means for your hair care routine.
MacMed Spa, Salon & Medical in Milford, Framingham and Hopedale has friendly and professional hair stylists to offer you the best hair care all through the year. Contact MacMed today to learn more or to schedule an appointment.
Here are some great hair care tips from Woman’s Day that will keep your hair looking its best as the weather turns cooler:
- Wash hair every other day. To soak up excess oil in between washes, apply a dab of baby powder to your roots and massage it into the scalp.
- Go for a trim about every six to eight weeks to remove dry, split ends from your hair.
- Deep-condition your hair twice each month to keep hair healthy and radiant.
- Let your stylist know about previous chemical treatments you have received. This helps ensure that products used on your hair don’t cause bad reactions or hair loss.
- Don’t tug or pull tangled wet hair. Hair can snap or break off. Use fingers or a wide-tooth comb to separate wet strands of hair.
- Hot water can harm your hair and promote frizzy hair. Keep water temperature lower when washing hair.
- Once a month, use clarifying shampoo to remove buildup of protein on the scalp caused by medications or fatty acids.
- Buffing wet hair with a towel can cause hair to tangle. Instead, use a towel to gently blot wet hair.
- Use cold water to rinse out conditioner. This promotes shiny hair.
- Comb hair from root to tip nightly to promote blood circulation, loosen dry skin and distribute natural oils.
- Color fades quicker from air-dried hair. Set your hair dryer on the lowest heat level to get hair 80 percent dry.
- Select a color-preserving shampoo and conditioner to use between visits to the salon.
- To avoid frizz, don’t brush curly hair, especially when hair is dry.
- When blow-drying hair, use a steel brush. It absorbs heat and speeds drying time.
- Use a shine serum to fight frizz flare-ups.
- Use heat-protecting spray before you blow dry, flat-iron or curl. This promotes shine and protects hair.
- Frizz but no product on hand? Use a dab of Vaseline on top layers to settle hair down.
- Blowouts can last longer if you sleep on a satin or silk pillow!
- Even with beach days gone for the year, loose waves still work for fall!
- Spending fewer hours outside often means skin tone will lighten. Warmer brown shades help make pale skin look radiant.
- Try bangs. Side-swept looks help frame the face – and are flattering!
- Sleek updos always look great.
- Try out eye-grabbing colors such as caramel, rusty brown or one with a reddish hue.
- Use a curling iron to bolster hair body or a flat iron to quickly smooth out frizz and fly-aways.
- Flip your head over and spritz your roots with a light-hold hairspray. After that, flip your hair back over. This will build volume!
- Control unruly strands of hair by using a bun or ponytail with a headband.