The holiday season can be hectic with parties, family gatherings and shopping.
You want to look your best, but it’s hard when you are constantly rushing from one place to the next — and trying to get to work on time.
At MacMed Spa, Salon & Medical in Milford, Framingham and Hopedale, our staff can help you with makeup, hair styling, nails and more during the holiday season. To learn more, or to schedule an appointment, contact MacMed today.
Meanwhile, here are some tips to look your best – and get ready in record time, from www.beautyhigh.com:
- Keep your beauty product space organized. This reduces the time you spend searching for the right lipstick or makeup.
- Establish a quick-look routine you can perform in five minutes. Pick a bare-essential look that you can rely on when your alarm fails or you are late for a can’t-be-late event.
- Practice this routine on weekends so you have it mastered for the work week.
- Opt for multi-purpose products. These will reduce time spent getting ready. And you may save some money on products.
- Q-tips: Have them ready for fast makeup spot removal.
- Plan Ahead: If you know your hair is going to take some time, wash it and blow dry the night before. Then, you just need a quick fix in the morning.
- Use cleansing conditioner rather than a shampoo/conditioner tandem. Your hair will still be smooth and healthy, but you won’t have to go through two processes during your shower.
- Have three quick hairstyles you know you can go to, whatever your hair looks like. Think of a braid, top knot or low ponytail. They take little time and look great.
- Prepare the night before: You shouldn’t sleep with makeup on. But you can set out your outfit and prepare your lunch the night before. That leaves more time to spend on your face in the a.m.
- Always know lipstick is a friend: For mornings when you’re crunched for time, put on some bold lipstick, rather than a face full of makeup. Red lipstick in particular leaves you looking younger – and awake.
- If there’s no time to wash your hair, try a dry shampoo. Lift hair at your roots and spray about six inches from underneath. Next, use your fingers to comb through so excess oil in your hair is absorbed. You’ll also add volume.
- Use your fingers: Rather than using brushes and the swirl-and-tap routine, opt for cream-based products and apply them with your fingers.
- If you shower in the morning, wrap hair in a microfiber towel. This allows faster drying. Also, you can do your makeup as your hair gets dry.
- Pump Up The Volume: Just like you listen to your favorite upbeat prep music as you prepare for a night on the town with friends, listen to that happy music in the morning. It helps you wake up and speeds up your beauty routine!
With the holidays arriving before you know it, it’s never too early to make an appointment at MacMed to look your best for the big holiday party or family event. Call us today!